What to do in Passo Tonale during the summer
In Trentino you will never get bored! Our culturally rich region can satisfy all tastes, even the most discerning or uninterested visitors. Centuries of history and culture are all waiting to welcome you to indulge in a holiday experience that will leave you breathless. At the Hotel Gardenia Passo Tonale we offer our guests the chance to enjoy the beauty of our region, thanks to our numerous exclusive natural wonders. Discover all the ways of experiencing Trentino in a perfect alpine holiday.
In addition, you will have access to numerous benefits with the Val di Sole Opportunity-Guest card! Imagine being able to move freely across the Trentino, without the stress of a car, up and down by bicycle, by train, by bus or even by cable car. Imagine being able to visit museums, exhibitions, castles, and be given the opportunity to taste the delicacies of the local produce! At the Hotel Gardenia Passo Tonale, this does not have to be a dream with The Opportunity Card, during the months of June to September. Discover all the advantages, book your Summer holiday in Trentino!
Val di Sole Opportunity Card
- You will have the opportunity to climb the mountains of Val di Sole with the Val di Sole Opportunity – Trentino Guest Card.
- The Card is available to all our guests at a cost of € 1 per day (children free up to 12 years)
- free use of over 10 ski lifts in the Val di Sole
- free use of buses run by the Trentino Trasporti Esercizio in all of Trentino
- free use of the Trento-Malè-Marilleva 900 train as well as the regional Brenner and Valsugana lines
- free use of trains with bicycle
- access to important museums, castles, fortresses, and natural sites in Trentino and the Val di Sole.
- Throughout the Trentino and Val di Sole, you will feel centuries of history and culture in every corner of our region. At every turn you will find museums, castles, exhibitions and ancient buildings to visit. The Ossana castle, Castel Thun in the Val di Non, the Trento museum, and the Mart in Rovereto are among the most interesting cultural sites in Italy. The museum of uses and customs of the Trentino people in San Michele all’Adige, will provide you with an immersion into the ancient life of the region through crafts and popular traditions which tell a fascinating story of thousands of years of preciously guarded secrets.
- entrance to the Peio and Rabbi spas (only by paid medical visit).
- 10% discount on the purchase of dairy products in the Val di Sole.
- 30% reduced rates on cable cars in Madonna di Campiglio and Pinzolo.
Adamello card/Kids all Hotel Gardenia guests will receive an Adamello card which allows free participation in all activities, walks and excursions, games and music evenings and various shows in the East room just 50 metres from the hotel; Adamellina The Cow Mini club for children of 4-12 years at the East room at just 50 metres from the Hotel. Open daily from 09:30 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 18:00 (with entertainment for children).
The Adamello Bike Arena is a must for lovers of two wheels. A real gem with its 20 mountain bike trails at a combined length of 500 kilometres. Both sides of the Passo del Tonale offer numerous tourist activities, along the Alta Valle Camonica (Lombardy) and the High Val di Sole (Trentino), the Stelvio National Park, the Adamello-Brenta National Park and the Adamello Regional Park. All routes are well demarcated and lead along trails, forest roads and mule tracks dating back to World War II: a voyage through both nature and time. Explore our 20 routes, download GPS tracks.
Free ride paths along the slopes of the Passo Tonale: adrenalin filled descents that were used as the training ground for the Italian national team!
The Passo Tonale bike park is served by a rapid ski lift to 2200 metres, and is a source of fun for adrenalin junkies along 3 different slopes of varying difficulties, all downhill.